Fennel is amazing! Slightly sweet with a hint of licorice flavor, fennel is a wonderful way to add complexity to your foods while reaping some its surprising health benefits (and not compromising your caloric intake).
Did you know that fennel:
- is high in antioxidants
- contains cancer fighting phytonutrients
- is an excellent source of vitamin C
- removes toxins from the colon
- helps lower high blood pressure
- provides relief from anemia
- helps with indigestion & constipation
- promotes eye care
- helps freshen breath
- provides relief from colic
- aids in respiratory and menstrual disorders
I can’t get enough. I enjoy fennel shredded on salads, steamed with Brussels sprouts, carrots, and broccoli with tahini, added in a stir-fry, or even raw as a snack!
What are your thoughts about fennel?